Thursday, September 15, 2011

A new beginning - My Local Weather

Welcome-
I will start by sharing a little about myself and why I obsess about monitoring weather conditions.  I have lived in South America where I found myself within the effects of the El Nino Southern Oscillation.  (ENSO)  I will share some stories of the rains and flooding that I had encountered when I lived in Ecuador.  Other weather events that I remember growing up in PA also helped to shape my future interest in monitoring and studying about our climate.
  I have done some reading about El Nino and I know that some of the main effects of this cycle has to do with changes in ocean temperature.  On top of this effect, we are aware of man's influence on climate change, we only have hope that with small changes that we are making may help to ease our impact on the environment.

I am a serious Amateur Photographer and I want to share examples of my work. My aim is to document storms, and to learn more about Meteorology.  At some point in the future I will volunteer to be a weather spotter for Skywarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us you thoughts of this story or image..

Thanks!