Several topics for this evening to go over. Fist just a brief message about this blog, please look over to the left side of this page where it labled as "Follow my email". This option allows you to subscribe to this blog and you will receive regular updates.
Areas of Mongomery Co. had already received about 2 inches of rain. More Flood warnings were issued due to continued rain. An additional 1-3 inches is expected to fall in the general area. Areas north and west may even see more rain than E. Montogomery County. The current Flood Watch is in effect until 6 am Saturday.
The Nasa Satellite UARS re entry time was obviosly pushed forward, now they are stating that it may fall through the atmosphere around 11 pm tonight through 3 am on Saturday. There is a small chance that it could crash somewhere in North America.
Here are some tips from floodsmart.gov
During A Flood:
Protect Yourself and Your Home
Here's what you can do to stay safe during a flood:
- If flooding occurs, go to higher ground and avoid areas subject to flooding.
- Do not attempt to walk across flowing streams or drive through flooded roadways.
- If water rises in your home before you evacuate, go to the top floor, attic, or roof.
- Listen to a battery-operated radio for the latest storm information.
- Turn off all utilities at the main power switch and close the main gas valve if advised to do so.
- If you've come in contact with floodwaters, wash your hands with soap and disinfected water.